What I have always wanted when we go into San Francisco, is an easily readable topographical map. This is a reasonably good start… except note that basically, most of the city is barely walkable. This is from some guy named Lee Byron… mashing up some different maps.
Here is his site, and the large version of the map:
Mapping Walkability in San Francisco
Of course, the best would be if Google maps had a whole set of options built right in, so that you could click to view “walkability”, or “playgrounds with mulch or rubber, but not sand or dirt”, or something like that. That would be awesome.
- RT @aatishb: My Life With a Pre-Existing Condition. Powerful, must-read comic by @NomiRamone thenib.com/my-life-with-a… 11 hours ago
- I will always rt this as it passes my tl. Good time to read it now if you haven't. twitter.com/johnedwinmason… 13 hours ago
- Born in same year: Bernie Sanders, Martha Stewart, Bob Dylan, Dick Cheney, Trent Lott. Younger than 11 US senators. twitter.com/TheKingCenter/… 21 hours ago
- RT @ClintSmithIII: Remember, John McCain voted *against* creating a Martin Luther King Jr. holiday 1 day ago
- RT @David_Dobbs: Say you've a child w a chronic disease, say, Type 1 diabetes, on Medicaid. It feels like the GOP wants to kill your child.… 1 day ago